RESPONSUM can both assist you in defining Business Processes and Processing Activities (related to data processing specifically). Most of the time, both are interlinked.
RESPONSUM can help you keep both related entries in sync with a sync flow that works in both directions (From process to Processing Activity and from Processing activity to Process)
Sync flow from Process to Processing Activity
When an existing process is updated that has processing activities linked to it, the following steps will occur:
- The user alters the process and submits a new version
- Once this new version is approved, the (one or more) linked processing activities are automatically synced and put to Draft Status so that they can again be reviewed and accepted by the User that is appointed ROPA accountability
- A notification with additional information will be provided to the user with the ROPA accountability.
Sync flow from Processing Activity to Process
When an existing processing activity is updated that has a process linked to it, the following steps will occur:
- The user alters the processing activity and submits a new version
- Once this new version is approved, the linked process will be put to Draft status so that it can be reviewed.
- The updates to the processing activity will in the Draft process be populated in the “Setup” step of the process so that the newly linked items can be populated in the Process Steps. Not all information is automatically transferred over, keep this in mind
- The selected accountable user for Process Management module will receive a notification to notify him/her of the changes required to the process
- The accountable person will be able to on the Process do a “Discrepancy check” to see what differences are present between the processing activity and the process. This check can be opened by pressing the “Check for Discrepancies” button.
- When the process was updated and all the same information as in the linked processing activity is present, the new version of the process can be submitted.
- The discrepancy check will be shown again upon trying to submit. If there are still discrepancies detected, you can either:
- Continue and submit: This will in turn trigger a new update to the linked processing activity,
- Go back: brings you back to the Process edit window to find and resolve the final Discrepancies before trying to submit again.