To get the most out of RESPONSUM, setting-up the data dictionary module is key!
RESPONSUM provides three different ways to add your data to the dictionary. You can add an empty item, start from a template or upload an Excel file.
Go > Data Management > Data Dictionary > Data attributes
- Click on ‘Add Data Attribute’ and choose ‘Empty item’
1.1. Provide a Name, by filling out the ‘Name’ field.
1.2. Provide a Description, by filling out the ‘Description’ field.
1.3. Select the laws linked to the data attribute from the ‘Linked laws ’ list.
1.4. Define if the data attribute is:
– Article 9: personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
– Article 10: data relating to criminal convictions and offences
1.5. Select ‘yes’ or ‘no’
1.6. Click on ‘Save’
- Click on ‘Add Data Attribute’ and choose ‘Start from a template’
2.1. A list of different templates is displayed. Choose one of them by clicking on ‘Select’.
2.2. Provide a Name, by filling out the ‘Name’ field.
2.3. Provide a Description, by filling out the ‘Description’ field.
2.4. Click on ‘Save’
- Click on ‘Upload Data Attributes’
3.1. Click on ‘Download Template’. An Excel file will be available for you in which you can add all your data according to the template. Save the file on your computer.
3.2. Once you have imported all the data required, you can go back to point 3: click on ‘Upload Data Attributes’ and add the saved file by dropping it at the designated place of by clicking on ‘Browse’ where you can search for you file on the saved location.
3.3. Click on ‘Submit File’. You will receive a message ‘# Data Attributes added’. The number of added attributes should correspond to the number of added lines in Excel.